Thursday, April 22, 2010

Number 9

This week has progressively gotten harder to work. I think I've exhausted my bag of tricks and am now since I am not doing the old standby, painting has become difficult again (that is a good thing). I also noticed today that I'm trying too hard for everything to be perfect and I'm not painting, or I'm not losing myself in the work. That sounds really artsy fartsy, but when it happens it's bad ass. Before you know it's three hours later and your work is finished. I think worrying about what iTunes is playing keeps me from having that shift in my head. I think next week I'm going to work from the replica skull that I have. I can draw skulls but I can't really draw skulls. If that makes sense. Expect five skull paintings next week.


6x8 Oil on Panel

1 comment: