Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Number 18

Today was a really hard day. I wiped the canvas three times, then lost the sun and was forced to work from a picture I took. I also learned that some of my colors are shit. I need to stop being cheap and buy the real colors not the ones with hue in the name. Oh and Lemon Yellow can suck it. Your weak sauce Sir, weak sauce. On another note I read a book today called "Hawthorne on Painting" and I'm not sure if that was a reason for today's difficulties. I heard about this book from reading around the forums and other people's painting blogs and maybe not being familiar with this guys work the book kinda sorta made sense but then I had no idea what he was talking about. Still I think its a good book. I also picked up "Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting" and Hensche on Painting" all on internet recommendations. We'll see if they fuck my shit up too.


6x6 Oil on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment