Friday, May 21, 2010

Number 30

Wow thirty paintings. I believe I just doubled the amount of painting that I have done in my entire art "career". I've been drawing since I was little but I didn't get really serious about art until about five years ago, up until then I was coasting. My stuff was as good or better than the people around me so why push myself to get better (big fish in a little pond). While sitting at a horrible job at a dollar store I realized that I drew worth shit and needed to practice if I was going to get any better. It had been a long time that I just drew for fun. I think what helped too was reading a book called "Art & Fear". It basically said that the only person that is gonna care about your work is you so work for the enjoyment of making work (or something like that). So now it's work for work's sake. OK I'm rambling. Have a great weekend.



6x6 Oil on Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment