Friday, May 14, 2010

Number 25

To end the week I did a value study of the mug on my desk. I wasn't going for the true colors, I was just trying to convincingly paint the form of the mug. This week I've been using a painting medium for pretty much the first time ever. I don't know whats in it it just says "oil painting medium", oh by the way I use Windsor & Newton Artisan oil paints and the medium is the same brand. The paints are the water mixable oil. I use them rather than regular oils because the room I work in is on the small side and regular oils have a strong smell and it would make the Apt. smell. Plus cleaning up regular oils are a giant pain in the ass. What did I learn this week? Painting with some sort of painting medium is awesome, I should have been using this all along. I need to work on doing some more portraits. Last but not least, I need to do more exercises where I count the number of brush strokes I takes to make a painting, in order to focus on making everyone of them count. I have officially done more paintings in these five weeks than I have done in probably the last three or four years, so that's something. Hope everyone has a good weekend.



6x6 oil on Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment