Friday, May 7, 2010

Number 20

And so ends landscape week. What did we learn this week? Painting water is hard. Painting what you see rather than aping some impressionist work is hard. Using Windsor & Newton Artisan Lemon Yellow is like trying to paint with chewed gum. Cerulean Blue Hue gets shitty real fast when adding white (I should know better. That's what I get for getting the cheaper version of the color). Last but not least the thought of having to talk to people or paint in front of an audience kept me from going to paint in public. Chicken shit I know, but I'd rather not be bothered when I'm working. I've pretty much run out of pictures I've taken, so next time I'll be forced to go and find landscape subjects outside. Maybe it's like swimming, always swim with a buddy. Looking for painting buddy, preferably one who wont get all stabby when we're painting out in the middle of nowhere. I'm Rambling. Have a good weekend and don't forget to give your Ma a hug on Sunday.


6x6 Oil on Canvas

1 comment: